An asset repair depot can sometimes be like that one drawer everyone has in their house containing everything under the sun. There’s no order to the chaos — menus, loose ketchup packets, remote controls for who knows what, spare buttons.
The clock is ticking from the time parts come into inventory to the repaired piece of equipment returned to the customer or installed elsewhere. The amount of money you stand to lose from not having a proper handle on the work to be performed can be staggering. Add to this the threat of dissatisfied customers and lost revenue.
Don’t worry. With help from ProntoForms, there’s a better way. One that sets your business up for digital transformation.
How ProntoForms helps optimize processes & generate revenue from asset repair
Field service leaders appreciate our field team platform for its flexibility. We deliver support in a wide variety of circumstances. What holds true in every situation is our commitment to helping keep field technicians safe and effective no matter how they use our mobile forms app.
For organizations with field service technicians who perform complex repair work, ProntoForms enables citizen developers to rapidly deploy custom mobile apps that empower field teams with context and intelligence to make them safer and more effective at their job.
A global medical technology company turned to ProntoForms for assistance with issues it faced in executing work and generating revenue from its repair depot.
Read on to discover how we helped transform the organization’s field service processes.
Use case: Digital transformation for a global medical technology company
The global medical technology company turned to ProntoForms for assistance with for help with several issues it was up against when executing work. It also sought a way to generate increased revenue from its repair depot.
The challenges it faced include:
- Complex devices require precise repairs. The average work order takes several days to complete. This process includes decontamination, evaluation, repair, quality control, and quality analysis. The company wanted to provide its technicians with detailed service work order forms and complex checklists to support precise repair operations.
- Limited profitability. Even though it billed customers for all repairs performed per device, the company’s repair depots were not profitable. It sought a way to easily calculate total repair costs and bill customers promptly to increase the company’s revenue-generating potential.
- Inefficient repair management. When devices were shipped from global locations, key components were often missing. Field service technicians needed to order parts, perform complex repairs, coordinate return logistics, and loan temporary products. To ensure a seamless repair workflow, the company wanted to add intelligent automation to forms.
- Complex regulatory requirements. Each of the company’s medical devices has specific compliance rules from different authorities across various countries. Frequent changes to these regulatory requirements meant the company needed a way to create standardized checklists to be scaled across multiple countries easily and quickly to meet complex regulatory requirements.
- Multiple solutions in use. A combination of paper-based forms and multiple software solutions prompted the company to search for a digital solution that integrated seamlessly with their existing platforms and eliminated paper forms.
The results gained from using ProntoForms to improve repair depot processes
With ProntoForms, the global medical technology company has vastly improved its field services operations, specifically for its repair depot processes. It has generated positive business outcomes in several key areas, such as:
- Standardized procedures. ProntoForms has helped the company standardize and scale repair processes at depots across the United States. It has seen the successful adoption of service orders for Singapore and is in the process of scaling service work orders into Asia, Europe, and additional countries.
- Increased revenue. The company uses ProntoForms to send detailed invoices to customers. It is now empowered to easily measure and analyze depot-specific performance metrics and profitability, resulting in the ability to manage expenses better and increase revenue gained from repair services.
- Improved workflow. The field service technician’s in-depot workflow has been digitally transformed. Service workers can now easily coordinate return logistics, provide product loaners, and order parts to successfully complete repairs. Techs can now receive, tag, and differentiate the devices they’ve received using a single form.
- Enhanced accountability & data traceability. Technician accountability and data traceability is ensured by empowering the company to customize the edit option of deployed forms specifying when techs do not have permission to edit any sent forms.
To learn more about this deployment of ProntoForms, be sure to check out the use case. You’ll also get a glimpse of the company’s detailed end-to-end workflow that presents how field data flows through the organization.
Are you ready to evolve your field service business?
ProntoForms is ready to collaborate with you to enhance your digital transformation efforts. Rely on our intelligent form automation to increase your repair depot’s profitability.
We’re a trusted solution for Alcon, Phillips, Johnson Controls, and other leading organizations. If you’d like to learn more about what you can achieve with our field team platform, please sign up for a quick demo.