ProntoForms Reports Q2 2021 Financial Results
Achieves 17% annual growth in recurring revenue over Q2 2020
OTTAWA, August 19th, 2021 - ProntoForms Corporation (TSXV: PFM), the global leader in field-focused low-code application platforms for enterprise, announced today its second quarter (Q2) financial results for the period ended June 30, 2021.
“We are pleased to report that our Annual Recurring Revenue Base (ARR) increased by 4.2% in the 2021 second quarter following an increase of 4.7% in the first quarter. Our base is now $18.7 million and overall customer usage continues to be resilient with 40% of our base from customers with greater than $100,000 of ARR. We’re also continuing to steadily add new, large customer logos with good expansion profiles,” said Alvaro Pombo, Founder and Chief Executive Officer.
Mr. Pombo continued, “We are encouraged by the steady growth in bookings, strong retention, and enterprise opportunities. We continue to invest in our enterprise go-to-market with new leadership, more vertical product solutions, and improvements in customer experience through new community and learning platforms.”
Financial Highlights – 2021 Second Quarter
- Recurring revenue in Q2 2021 increased by 17% to $4.55 million compared to $3.89 million in Q2 2020, and increased by 6% compared to $4.31 million in Q1 2021.
- Total revenue for Q2 2021 increased by 16% to $4.84 million compared to $4.16 million in Q2 2020, and increased by 5% compared to $4.61 million in Q1 2021.
- Gross margin for Q2 2021 was 85% of total revenue compared to 88% in Q2 2020 and 85% in Q1 2021. Gross margin on recurring revenue was 90% for Q2 2021 compared to 93% in Q2 2020 and 91% in Q1 2021.
- Operating loss for Q2 2021 was $1.07 million, down from an operating income of $0.35 million in Q2 2020 and remained flat from an operating loss of $1.07 million in Q1 2021.
- Net loss for Q2 2021 was $1.12 million, down from a net income of $0.21 million in Q2 2020 and from a net loss of $1.10 million in Q1 2021.
- As at June 30, 2021, ProntoForms’ cash and net working capital balances were $7.13 million and $3.64 million respectively, compared to $7.75 million and $5.10 million as at December 31, 2020.
Recent Operational Highlights
- Notable new and expansion progress from enterprise customers, including:
- One of the world’s largest HVAC companies expanded its commitment by over $73K of ARR. They use ProntoForms in the field to empower thousands of field service technicians.
- A Fortune 500 HVAC and refrigeration manufacturer deployed ProntoForms to over 1,000 technicians to improve asset management.
- An enterprise utility company focused on construction and maintenance in the utility industry expanded its commitment to ProntoForms by over $43K ARR.
- A consulting firm that provides solutions for operations, automation, and efficiency expanded its commitment to ProntoForms by over $40K ARR.
- ProntoForms continued to engage with key customers through thought leadership events. These events included global, enterprise customers in target verticals and spanned multiple conference sessions and ProntoForms-hosted digital events and webinars.
Q2 Conference Call Date:
Date: Thursday, August 19th, 2021
Time: 9:00 AM Eastern Time
Participant Dial-in Numbers:
Local Toronto – (+1) 416 764 8688
Toll Free – (+1) 888 390 0546
Conference ID: 56488587
Recording Playback Numbers:
Local Toronto– (+1) 416 764 8677
Toll Free – (+1) 888 390 0541
Passcode: 488587 #
Expiry Date: August 25th, 2021 at 11:59pm EST
About ProntoForms Corporation
ProntoForms is the global leader in field-focused low-code application platforms for enterprise. The Company's solution is used to create apps and forms to collect and analyze field data with smartphones and tablets – either as a standalone solution or as a mobile front-end to enterprise systems of record.
The Company’s 100,000+ subscribers harness the intuitive, secure, and scalable solution to increase productivity, improve quality of service, and mitigate risks. The Company is based in Ottawa, Canada, and trades on the TSXV under the symbol PFM. ProntoForms is the registered trademark of ProntoForms Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of ProntoForms Corporation.
co-Chief Executive Officer
Chief Financial Officer