Accurate data collection is core to compliant and detailed recordkeeping. Despite this, key information on equipment placards, labels, or signs can be a challenge to capture. Serial and model numbers typically comprise of dozens of characters that are cumbersome to input into mobile forms. In some cases text strings might be in hard-to-reach places.
This leads to:
- Useless replacement parts brought on-site for incorrect equipment model numbers
- Lost information when technicians switch between workflow apps
- Project or work order delays due to re-entered data and duplicated work
- Hidden errors lying dormant in submitted forms that re-emerge later as costly mistakes
With the camera to text function, field technicians can now capture complex information by simply taking a photo. Once a photo is taken, field technicians tap to select individual words, sentences, or entire blocks of text for each field. The selected text can then be reviewed and inputted directly into the form without switching apps.
- Utilizes state-of-the-art optical character recognition (OCR)
- Does not require a network connection
- Camera to text's ROI can be tracked with ProntoForms' integrated analytics BI software
"Karen and Danny have been a huge help implementing Prontoforms and Analytics within our Division. We began with Safety audits and reporting and are now expanding into the area of Quality audits and beyond. This implementation and expansion has not only made us a more cutting edge company in the realm of Safety but our endeavors have also begun to be noticed by our sister divisions within our company as well as being looked at as part of a possible solution for other area projects."
SONOCO DISPLAY AND PACKAGING
Ready to accelerate your business?
Get a demo and start a trial today.
or call us 1-888-282-4184